If you had a web cam and could actually see the looks on the faces of your website visitors' as they are trying to navigate your website, you may be very shocked to learn they are using compasses and GPS systems to navigate through the untraditional maze.
Having seen thousands of poorly designed websites over the last 10 years and having been in the web template design business since 1994, our concepts are simple. Keep it basic but attractive and enjoy the reality of less website maintance while driving more "effective" traffic to your website. If your website visitors need a GPS to navigate your site or are too star-struck or browser-stuck by your graphic talents, your traffic is wasted and sales are lost permanently.
Are you ready for the cold, hard facts?
- FACT: "Most folks do not care about the talent level of your graphic designer."
- FACT: "They came to your website for information that will help them."
- FACT: "They want that information now and won't wait on excessive graphics to load in their browser. Nor do they want to have to click through 10 page levels which are loaded down with more graphics than meaty content. Remember: They came for the meat - not the meat wrapper!"
- FACT: "Most web template designers online today are not "web designers". They would be more likely considered "web graphic designers". There is a HUGE difference. It's called the WWW (world wide web) for a significant reason. That reason can be discovered by simply thinking about what it is NOT called, "WWG (world wide graphics)".
There are literally thousands of things you can do to get effective traffic to your website without expecting your website's design to persuade someone to visit your site or buy from you. Most template designers would like for you to believe that using a design labeled "professional or high-end" is exactly what you need to make millions on the web.
Most often "high-end" equates merely to a design that is pricey or heavy in unnecessary graphics and/or site features. Unless you are providing a product or service soley to the web design market, 99.9% of your site visitors are not concerned about how your site looks as long as it provides them with a sense of security, trust, professionalism and naturally a product or service they need.
Ready for another blunt fact?
Be proactive. Slap the palm of your hand against your forehead now, because after you read this, a lightbulb will simply explode in your head.
- FACT: "You will not find one of these "high-end" designs being used on any of the Internet's top ranking websites of which made their millions by online promotions. Why not? Because these designs are simply not effective for websites that are serious about accomplishing their objectives. If you are a web designer, you are doing your clients' an injustice by using non-effective designs on their website. You would be far more respected and get more client work by educating your clients about why they should use an effective design on their website vs. using one that is merely a fancy wrapper so thick that there is no room to put the meaty content or is too difficult to find."
What does an "effective website" mean?
An effective website means the site has a high rate of success accomplishing the website's objective. Your website's objective is to have someone buy your product, contract your service, join your mailing list, etc. Your visitors will NOT do any of these - ever - simply because your website is colorful or attractive. Sadly, that only happens in electronic fantasyland. Hey, I'm not saying that wouldn't be great; sure it would! But it's only a dream - an electronic fantasy.
While watching your website visitors through that imaginary webcam, you see their faces light up with overwhelming pleasure and radiant excitement after waiting three minutes for your website to load in their browser. They giggle and do the happy dance just before immediately grabbing their credit card and placing an order.
Posted from http://www.basictips.com/